Greetings! First, we want you to know that we are a PEANUT-FREE school. No items containing peanuts in any form will be allowed.
Is there an opening for my child?
Individual classroom enrollment can change during the course of a year, or a classroom registration can remain constant. Please call the Preschool Office, (949) 494-0504 to check if there are openings for your child.
Is my child just going to be “playing” at preschool or will he/she be “learning”?
The preschool years are important periods of development for children. Children learn through exploring, experimenting, and expressing themselves. Our diverse and developmentally appropriate program offers the following activities to form a strong basis for school readiness:
- Chapel is a special time when children hear Bible stories and learn worship songs and how to feel comfortable with prayer.
- Language is encouraged, both expressively and receptively, through the use of dramatic play, blocks, creative art, literature, problem solving and social interactions.
- Fine motor skills necessary for writing are strengthened with activities such as cutting with scissors, playdough, finger plays, stringing beads, and art.
- Perceptual and conceptual development are improved with the introduction of science, solving puzzles, and literature.
- Gross motor development enhances growth of large muscles with tricycle riding, balance bikes, running, jumping, climbing and sliding on our playground and grass areas.
- Each teacher utilizes songs and creative movement that develop listening skills, recall skills, rhythm patterns and phonemic awareness—building blocks to early literacy.
In short, what may seem like play is development and learning.
Are the children taught about God?
We are a Christian preschool and enjoy sharing our love of God with his greatest gifts, children. Christian principles are interwoven into our everyday curriculum. In addition, we meet once a month for a special all-school chapel with all classes. Parents are always invited and welcome to attend.
Does my child have to be potty trained?
Yes, fully potty trained. The children must use the bathroom and take care of their own needs. Extra assistance and frequent reminders are given to the younger classes.
Yes! We love to give tours and they are offered Monday – Friday. Please give us a call to schedule your appointment at (949) 494-0504.
What is the cost?
Please refer to our Registration and Tuition page.
What hours are you open?
Office hours: 8 AM – 12 PM, Monday – Friday
Early Drop-Off Program (NEW): 8 AM – 9 AM
School hours: 9 AM – 12 NOON
Extended Day: 12 NOON – 4:30 PM
What holidays and days are you closed?
Please refer to our calendar.
Do you provide snacks and lunches?
We do not provide meals or snacks to our students. Packed lunches must be provided by parents. Contents should be easily opened and ready to eat. In addition, each child signs up to bring snack throughout the year. When it is your child’s week, please provide a healthy snack, drink and any utensils that will be needed. This is also a special time for your child to be the “leader” in class. We are a PEANUT FREE school. No items containing peanuts in any form will be allowed.
How do I contact Laguna Presbyterian Preschool?
Laguna Presbyterian Preschool
415 Forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Phone: (949) 494-0504